Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Walks and Long Talks

Mark and I love to go on walks around beautiful Logan. I always say that we are going to go for a “run” but then it ends up being a walk J This week I have been able to contemplate a lot about our life and what we have to look forward to. We are living in a basement apartment that is literally on the block across the street from the temple. When we come out our door we can see it, when we look out our window we can see it. We are so blessed to be able to live so closely to such a beautiful temple. I am thankful that I married a man who makes it a priority to attend the temple regularly.

temple
This past week we were very busy in school. It was the third week of school so that means that it was about the time for the first tests, papers etc. Mark and I are able to be up at school the same time with similar class schedules which is really nice. I am really enjoying my classes because they are interesting to me and I feel like it is exactly what I want to learn about. I am taking a dress and humanities class… which sounds easy right? Our first assignment was literally making an outfit out of recycled material from scratch… yeah… not my forte. The professor told us that we could partner up so I partnered with a girl that was sitting next to me. I have learned my lesson… I would SO much rather work on my own then in groups. We just have a different vision of what work ethic is and how much time we want to put into getting a good grade. Needless to say… it is due in the morning… and she still hasn’t gotten back to me with her part of the assignment. I am crossing my fingers that it will turn out good. I will post a picture of the finished product, if that ever happens, ugh!  
The weather has been beautiful here lately so I have decided that we need to take advantage of that. Our house overlooks the valley part of Logan. If we just head out the door and down a little hill there are plenty of places to go walking and lots of really fun parks. I like to be outside to do my homework so I have really enjoyed going to the Merlin Park here in Logan and sitting at the picnic table doing homework. Sometimes we don’t really enjoy homework, but we do it anyways:

I am such a snacker… I love everything that has to do with snacks. But not anymore… I have set a new goal! From now on my snacks will consist of fruit, dried fruit, nuts and granola bars. This is going to be the first week of trying out my new goal… we will see if I hold strong to it! I will keep you updated! :)
Last Saturday we were able to meet up with my good friend Susan Lindley (soon to be Piquet) and her fiancé Kolt and have dinner. It was so much fun to be able to sit and laugh and talk with her. We are so excited for them and I cannot wait to see her on her wedding day. I remember growing up with her in middle school; staying in touch after she moved away and then being blessed enough to go to Western Wyoming with her. We used to have countless talks on our drives back and forth from Wyoming to Idaho about Mark and Kolt on their missions… and now look we will both be married to them! It is crazy how time flies and how much we have grown since then. We are super excited to attend their sealing and to be able to be part of their special day, love you guys!!
We are also very excited to share this news… if you didn’t already know this… My big brother is getting MARRIED! :)  I am so thrilled to have his fiancé Shay be a part of our family. She is such a sweetheart and I couldn’t have wished for a sweeter person to be my sister-in-law. We are looking forward to their wedding on October 27th! It is so crazy to think that Jordon and I are really grown up now. I remember being little with him and having Aunt Kathy dress us up. Or being in junior high and thinking it was so cool that my older brother was shorter than me ;). Or in high school loving that I had someone to protect me and care for me. When Jordon left to go on his mission I truly realized how much he meant to me and how grateful I was for him. He is one of my best friends. And how could I not love him… he introduced me to Mark!
I feel very blessed to be part of two wonderful families and to have wonderful friends. There is so much in life to be happy about. I think the biggest part about being happy is choosing to be happy. It all depends on how we see the world around us. I hope that I will always be able to have a positive outlook on life and be able to acknowledge the blessings that come into our life. I know that we have a loving heavenly father who wants the best for us and who strives to help us realize our full potential. I know that he knows me that he understands my needs and that he answers my prayers. I am so thankful for the gospel in my life and for the blessing that I have to be a member of this church.  I am thankful for a husband who holds the priesthood and who loves the Lord. I know that if we put our faith in the Lord and trust him he will help us have the little extra ray of sunshine we need to get through the day.  Mark and I feel the blessings of the gospel in our lives. 





sitting on the "blog" bench, our view.
I hope that everyone has a happy week, miss you all and we will see you soon! Until next time…
Love,
Jocey 

1 comment:

  1. Awh I love this! We need to have dinner again soon! Can't wait for this weekend!

    PS It's crazy to think how far we've come, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete