Friday, August 19, 2011

God Gave Me You ♥

So today I am in need of a reminder of why I love my missionary so much. You know when you just love something because you love it? Well that is how I feel with Mark sometimes and it is so great. Let me explain, there is just something about this man that makes me feel so good inside on a daily basis. Even though he is thousands of miles away I still can feel my connection with him. The best feeling in the world is to know that I have a best friend, boyfriend and true love that are all the same person. Sometimes I just find myself dazing off to old times where he and I had a total blast together. We were not only happy together, we were real and that's what made it so special. Mark and I kept a journal together for about two years before he left on his mission filled with all our adventures and memories. I love to go back and read what we did and how I felt. I am so blessed to have this man in my life and for the relationship he and I share together. Last Tuesday I went on a date here in Rock Springs with a soccer player. It was probably my first official blind date and it totally reassured me that Mark is the one for me. My date went well but I just was not interested in what the guy had to offer me, he was a returned missionary from Argentina and a total stud but something just wasn't there. It was one of those dates where you wonder when in the world you will be taken home. I am so grateful for the chance that I have to date while my missionary is gone but I am more grateful that those dates reassure me that much more on Mark. I have really enjoyed reading letters from Mark and getting to know him all over again. The other night I was reading a letter from June and found myself totally cracking up over something that he had said.
Life is a wonderful Journey and it will be even better when I get to spend it with my man.
"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere."
-Tim McGraw
"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you'll see them"
I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment